Reflex Eco Group – Ghana News
by Samuel Boadi (local journalist)
This Blog is sponsored by http://www.reflexecogroup.com
Turkey is to construct two industrial parks at Accra and Kumasi respectively beginning next year at a cost of over $300 million.
Outgoing Charge d’Affairs of Turkey Embassy in Accra, Simay Erinoglo, speaking to journalists in Accra on Tuesday, said the two projects, which are designed to attract many Turkish investors into Ghana would be funded by the Turkish Exim Bank.
The Ankara Chamber of Industry and the Ghana National Chamber of Commerce & Industry signed an agreement to that effect recently.
Ms Erinoglo said Turkish exports to Ghana last year recorded $223.5 million while it imported $303.5 million worth of goods from Ghana.
For the first six months of 2013, Turkey exported $103.6 million worth of goods to Ghana while it imported $128.9 million worth of goods from Ghana.
The outgoing diplomat also indicated that Turkey was currently supporting a yam growing project in the country since the crop is a rich source of starch. “We are planning to start an advertisement on yam imports to Turkey soon.”
She added that other crops, including cassava and cocoa would also be grown with the support of her Government in selected locations in the country.
Ms Erinoglo added that Turkish investors were eyeing a number of projects in the various sectors of Ghana’s economy, including construction.
Also, it intends to help with the construction of an international airport.
In the health sector, Turkey wants to assist with the construction of eight pre-fabricated hospitals at a cost of $118 million.
The Turkish Development Agency (TIKA) is working on a lot of projects in Ghana, she indicated.
Turkish investors are hesitant to come over to Ghana to invest because of the monstrous land acquisition challenges, she stated.
Turkey, a friend of Ghana since the 1960s, broke up the relationship in 1980 and returned in 2010.
- GMO Debate: Ghana Takes A Firm Standpoint (spyghana.com)
- farming as a source of self-employment (engrfaruq.wordpress.com)
- Ghana Movie Awards announces November 25 as deadline for entries (ghanaxtra.wordpress.com)
- Ghana is to invest in renewable energy (spyghana.com)
- Enterprise Life Adjudged Leader in Financial Services (spyghana.com)
- Iran ready to export technical, engineering services to Ghana: minister (theiranproject.com)
- Ghana becomes first yam-producing nation to launch national strategy (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Turkish agency supports Ghana’s Hajj Committee (ghanabusinessnews.com)
- Ghana Gets $9.7m For Forest Preservation (theinvesmentman.wordpress.com)
- Ghana Gets $9.7m For Forest Preservation (reflexecogroupafrica.wordpress.com)